Monday 16 June 2014

The Car Boy

This is the one where I could have moved
I could have lived in Europe
Could have gone to school in Switzerland
Lived somewhere different

This is the one where I helped a boy
He lost his brother to a rope
Cut him down from the ceiling
And broke his heart to pieces

This is the one where a car was damaged
And in fear, didn't tell his rich father
I helped him find his courage
And he found himself respected

This is the one where his family offered
For me to move to Europe
I could have a job and schooling
I could have a new life

This is the one where I stayed right here
So I could see where I could take myself
I could have all my adventures
But without his help.

This is the one where I found myself questioning
What if? What if?
What if I had said yes?
This is my life's greatest what if.

No comments:

Post a Comment