Friday 20 June 2014

People

   So I've realised that I come across to a lot of people as demeaning, rude, or simply arrogant. What people may not realise is that all of you who think of me like that come off like that to me too. There are people out there I simply cannot stand--self congratulatory, stuck up, taking advantage of others, dishonest, or just rub me the wrong way. You know, those people that make cruel jokes and imply that they're better than everyone else, or something of the equivalent.

   Let's make one thing very clear. I have faults; in fact, I probably have the most faults out of anyone I know. But one thing I am proud of--I am honest with people. If you irritate, anger, or annoy me, I will let you know and I will expect you to do something about it. You know, you can keep bothering me even more, or you can ignore me and stay away from me, or you can try to make yourself less irritating. It doesn't matter to me. But I expect people to know what I think of them so there are no miscommunications.

  To be fair, it takes a lot for me to get properly angry at someone, though that doesn't mean I'm not angry a lot. All it means is that you have to do something really bad to really get me mad. I can get rankled, irritated, and annoyed, but getting angry? That's not me. When I get angry, I break people's noses. Or bones. Whichever one comes into contact first.

   But this is the kind of person that irritates me above all else and has the highest chance of making me angry: the people who think they're better than everyone else or imply that they are. It's one thing to realise your abilities and what you can do, but it's another to take those skills and abilities and assume that you outrank everyone else. What right do you have to say that you are better? Does that mean you have more of a right to life or deserve special treatment? The extremists, people who not only think or imply they are better, but actually act upon those thoughts--they are the worst.

  Yeah, had to get that out today. Another Notebook of People poem coming out in about...five minutes. See you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment