Wednesday 28 December 2011

Things I Have Seen That I Must Comment On

First of all, let's put this in context. I was at a huge mall yesterday--completely against my will--and there were things that I saw there that were truly, truly idiotic, and others that I just can't help myself to comment on.

1) Happy Merry Peace Love--the last time I checked, "happy" and "merry" mean the same thing, not to mention the fact that this makes no sense whatsoever.
2)  Escalators--thanks, my Science Olympiad Nationals team of 09-10 for making it so that I can never look at mall escalators the same way ever again.
3) People with a serious superiority complex--Did you really have to be that mean to a tiny little girl of seven, lady?
4) Going-Away Sales--Nice incentive. The only problem is, everyone else is doing this too.
5) People in Lab Coats While Working--You're not scientists. Stop trying to act like them. It's embarrassing.
6) Skeleton Models In A Facial Products Shop--Get real. Seriously? I don't even...
7) Giant Red Tomatoes In A Display Window--Don't even ask about this one. Other than the obvious WTF?!, this display strikes up fond memories. Kind of.
8) Fancy Clothes You'll Never Wear--It always surprises me how much people will pay for something they will probably never use.
9) "But Mommy, everyone in my class has one!"--What lengths humans will go to in order to "fit in". Quite incredible, really.
10) "Preserved Vegetable Filaments!"--this one needs no explanation.

Well, folks, that's all for now. My (terrible) sense of humor has made a rare appearance. Enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment