Friday 25 November 2011

A Multitude of Complaints

Not having an actual, non-college student based bookstore in your city sucks. It really does. Because, you see, when you're me and your life revolves at least partially around books...it's not a good situation when you can't have them, at least not easily. The only thing that assuages this is our public library, but even that doesn't have what I need or want to read half the time. I am also not allowed to go there that often, so that really doesn't help. Yes, there's a bookstore in the neighboring city, but it's so far away...and I can't be bothered to go there every other day.

Another thing that irritates me is little children who want to be like you in every respect. You know, those little kids that follow you around all the time, trying to copy everything you do, never giving you a moment's peace. I have had to lock my door to get some privacy, and I rarely lock my door. Ever. They copy the way you walk, the way you talk...they try to do everything you do, just as well as you do... Perhaps I shouldn't be so irritated at them, but it is EXTREMELY annoying. Especially if the child has a superiority complex.

The next complaint is about Black Friday. Seriously? This big of a deal about something that doesn't even help that much? It's just one day of discounts. Granted, large discounts, but...this much hype? It's not worth it, and it is exasperating to hear mentions of "Black Friday, Black Friday" everywhere you turn. I mean, come on, people! One day. And...you get this excited? You plan for WEEKS in advance for this one day? And then, on that day, so many people crowd around the stores that you can't buy anything anyways. Is it really worth it? Seriously?

Next, I complain about people who incessantly blame others for something that they did wrong, or take credit for things that they didn't do. They did wrong; they should take the blame. They didn't do the honorable things they got recognized for; that's just WRONG. Essentially, these are suck-uppy people who will stop at nothing to look good. That irritates the heck out of me. Go own up to your own misdeeds, you, and stop stealing all the glory that isn't yours.

Lastly,I will complain about people who put ALL THE IMPORTANT stuff on ONE DAY. Look at this: On March 10th, you have: State Science Olympiad, Science Bowl, Band Supper Concert, Young Artists' Program, AND State Spelling Bee. I mean, seriously? Do these people get together and plan everything on the same day or something? I do ALL of these things, and spelling bees and Science Olympiad are pretty major. And, as my Science Olympiad coach told me, "No State equals no Nationals." Perhaps he didn't word it exactly that way, but that's what he meant. And seeing as our team makes it to Nats every year, and I really, REALLY want to go this year for a multitude of reasons...that's pretty big. But alas, my parents are FORCING me to do spelling bee, which essentially means that I can't go to Nats, even though there's no guarantee I'll win State Spelling Bee. Most likely, I'll lose it, and terribly too. It's not worth it...and yet, what can I do? NOTHING. I can't stand the thought that I'll lose State Spelling Bee, miss State Science Olympiad for it, and then be unable to go to Nats because of that. I would much rather do Science Olympiad, but am I able to? Nooooo...

I'm going to stop now, because I don't feel like giving things that irritate me the honor of my time, and also because I have better things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment